“10-piece jazz sensations ”
— LA Weekly
“one of the hottest swing bands in LA.”
— Good Day LA (Fox 11)
“Shapiro is a powerhouse vocalist and songwriter with a fun, femme fatale swagger.”
— Broadway World
Live Promo Reel
“Flame-haired siren Lizzy Shapiro makes vintage jazz red-hot with Lizzy & the Triggermen.”
— OC Weekly
Dubbed "10-piece jazz sensations" (LA Weekly) and "one of the hottest swing bands in LA" (Good Day LA), Lizzy & the Triggermen has been making waves since they burst onto the SoCal scene. True to their speakeasy vibe, the band first began performing in a legendary, secret club in LA. Word-of-mouth about their incredible live shows quickly spread, and soon they were headlining some of the top venues in town (the Wiltern, the El Rey, the Troubadour) before they'd even released any music.
Wailing horns, killer vocals, and lethal rhythm section, the band channels the electrifying swagger of '20s and '30s big band and makes it feel new and modern through a mixture of originals and re-imagined vintage gems. From sultry songs about getting high to jubilant dance tunes about the world ending to even an obscure Ellington masterpiece written for an opera singer, their bold debut album, "Good Songs for Bad Times," (released May 2020) quickly rose to #3 on iTunes Jazz charts (alongside jazz luminaries: Miles Davis and Kamasi Washington).
The band is made up of a dream team of jazz musicians - including Benny Goodman collaborator, Dan Barrett (who also does most of their charts), and helmed by Lizzy, a classically-trained "powerhouse vocalist and songwriter with a fun, femme fatale swagger" (Broadway World).
Their eerily prescient original tune, "Dance Song (for the End of the World)," premiered on the prestigious American Songwriter at the beginning of the pandemic and garnered international press for its music video, featuring dancers from all over the world in the early days of lockdown.
Lizzy & the Triggermen have performed alongside bands like Nick Waterhouse, Best Coast, and Black Joe Lewis, and are just as at-home on the stages of an indie music festival as a jazz club.
- Rave Review for our Album (Music Connection)
- Great Review for our Album (Syncopated Times)
- Coverage on EP Release (Broadway World)
- Music Video Premiere! (American Songwriter)
- Rave review (The New Times)
- Feature on Music Video (Salt Lake Tribune)
- Article on Music Video (Project-Nerd)
- Bello Magazine (on SXSW debut)
- Vents Magazine (on EP/Single)
- With Guitars (on SXSW)
- Vintage Woman Magazine Feature on Lizzy
- Good Day LA (Fox 11/Mercury Concert Series)
- LA Weekly (chosen as an LA Weekly pick)
- VoyageLA Magazine (Interview with Lizzy)
- Palm Springs Life
- The Desert Sun (USA Today)