“10-piece jazz sensations ”
— LA Weekly
“one of the hottest swing bands in LA.”
— Good Day LA (Fox 11)
Live Promo Reel
“Flame-haired siren Lizzy Shapiro makes vintage jazz red-hot with Lizzy & the Triggermen.”
— OC Weekly
10-piece jazz band, Lizzy & the Triggermen, has been making major waves since they burst onto the LA music scene. Their debut EP, 'Good Songs for Bad Times,' recently hit #3 on iTunes Top US Jazz Albums.
In just a year they've headlined some of the top venues in LA (the Wiltern, the El Rey, the Troubadour) all through the word-of-mouth of their electrifying live shows, and were selected to be official artists at SXSW.
Lizzy & the Triggermen aren't just a band - they are an immersive experience which transports the audience.
Made up of some of the best jazz musicians in the game, they are doing for Prohibition Era music what Amy Winehouse and the Dap-Kings did for the 1960s: taking the sound of the past and making it feel fun, hip and modern.
Helmed by the award-winning vocals of Lizzy (trained opera singer) and a dream team of jazz musicians who have played with legends like Benny Goodman, they are breaking all of the rules - and it's working. Showgirls, tap dancers, back-flipping swing dancers, beat-boxers, L&T shows are feasts for the senses, where you never know what may happen next....
Performing a mixture of originals and boldly re-imagined covers (from operatic Duke Ellington to hot jazz Britney Spears) - they've have performed alongside bands like Nick Waterhouse, Best Coast, Black Joe Lewis - and are just as at-home on the stages of an indie music festival as a jazz club.
- Rave Review for our Album (Music Connection)
- Great Review for our Album (Syncopated Times)
- Coverage on EP Release (Broadway World)
- Music Video Premiere! (American Songwriter)
- Feature on Music Video (Salt Lake Tribune)
- Article on Music Video (Project-Nerd)
- Bello Magazine (on SXSW debut)
- Vents Magazine (on EP/Single)
- With Guitars (on SXSW)
- Vintage Woman Magazine Feature on Lizzy
- Good Day LA (Fox 11/Mercury Concert Series)
- LA Weekly (chosen as an LA Weekly pick)
- VoyageLA Magazine (Interview with Lizzy)
- Palm Springs Life
- The Desert Sun (USA Today)